Apply for a surface water drainage allowance

You can apply for a surface water drainage allowance if the majority of rainwater does not drain to the public sewer from the roof, shared roof, drive or yard of your property. To complete this form you will need:

  • Your personal details and contact information
  • Information about your property type and age
  • A drawing in digital format of your surface water drainage

If you are only able to supply a paper drawing, please send it to Wessex Water, 1 Clevedon Walk, Nailsea, Bristol BS48 1WA along with a completed application which you can print out here.

Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.

Your details

To find the address of the property your account is registered to, enter the postcode and then click 'Search' or enter it manually.

Your property

To help us to consider your application please upload a diagram of your property, garden, driveway etc, and roughly where you think your surface water drains. It would also help to show where the normal household drainage pipes join the public sewer. Alternatively you can send this by post. If you wish to do this, please also send the completed form with your diagram. Please note, we may visit your property to check your surface water drainage.

We don't accept this type of file. It must have a JPG, TIFF, PNG, PDF or DOC extension.

By proceeding you are agreeing to our terms and conditions*.